Friday, May 27, 2011

38 Week Update

These past couple of weeks have been super stressful to say the least. First at our 37 week growth Ultra Sound appointment they were worried that our dates were off because he was measuring 35 weeks instead of 37 with an estimated weight of 5 pounds 10 ounces. I was freaking out to say the least, first because I felt like he wasnt getting adequate nutrition and second, because I couldnt imagine extending my due date out another two weeks!
Well our 38 week appointment made me feel tons better. We did another Ultrasound, and even though he was still measuring small, he was gainging weight proportionately. Doc did not seem worried about this. Deep sigh of relief, right? Wrong. My BP was sky high at my appointment. We're talking 140/100, which for me is crazy high. Doc sent me to L&D Triage to get some labs drawn and some BPs taken and if they wouldnt go down, she was going to induce me that day. (This was Thursday, ps.) Well they came back good, and labs were clean, so we were sent home with a planned induction date of June 6th. Doc said that she had hoped to get me induced before then, but that was the soonest that they could do it. Because of the elevated BP, she doesnt want me to go past my due date.
All in all a crazy couple days. We were excited at the possibility of meeting our little guy on thursday, but thankful that we didn't have to go through the whole process of induction without even being close to ready. The thought of June 6th excites me, but it still seems far away at this point. Which leads me to my update today...
I have been having major contractions all day. None of them are consistent, but they are definitely stronger than they have ever been, and I am definitely making progress in the dilation department. I wont go into details, but just know that things are progressing. :) So now Im sitting here, breathing through contractions and waiting for Chris to get home. Nothing worth calling the Dr. over yet, but I am hoping that this will be the weekend that the Bean decides to plan his escape. I would love to not have to be induced, but even that is still in the back of my mind because my BP has been up all day as well. I think I might just be excited, so we'll see.
I will keep you all posted, you never know my next post might be the Birth Story of our little man. :)
OH! and I have a surprise for you.... PICTURES!!!! I am going to post belly shots and baby shower pictures right after this! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment