Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ch-Cha-Cha-Changes...

A lot has been going on in the past couple of weeks. With school starting back up for me and softball season going again, we have been super busy little Sapps. Austin has been adjusting well to being babysat occasionally, but I don't think I can say the same for momma. I HATE leaving him, even if it is just for a few hours, but I am doing my best to work through it.

School is getting harder and harder, but I am loving every minute of it. It is so nice to not have to worry about work at the same time too. Staying home was the best decision I have ever made. I am still waiting to hear if I can stay PRN with PCH pharmacy, but have decided that I don't really care one way or another. I will miss my friends, of course, but I think the ones that matter will still be in my life. You know there are those few people that touch your hand, but somehow reach your heart? Well Ive got a few of those from PCH. They know who they are. xo

Austin is getting big. The NICU nurse came this past week and did an overview of everything since her last visit. He weighs about 12.5 pounds and is 23.5 inches long, but he sees the pediatrician this Friday, so we will have a more accurate measurement then. He is doing great in every developmental category and is meeting or exceeding all of his milestones. Some of the things with hand and eye coordination, he is at a 6 month mark! This excited me most because since the stroke hit his visual cortex, it was the one thing we were most worried about. I am happy to say that his vision is phenomenal!

So this post is about changes and you may be wondering what I mean... Well its not easy to just write down, but I will give it a whirl.
There is a comfort zone that we all fall into throughout our lives, and it changes right along with us, but can also provide a trap of some sorts. I have been in that trap for the last 4 months, maybe even longer. I think after Austin was born and suffered all of his complications, I was scared to even breathe, but I have come to a realization that the time has come to make some positive changes in my life, to go out on a limb and reach for something that can impact my whole family. So I have a list of goals that I am going to shoot for in various categories in my life and am hoping that it sparks my hubby up too because I am not the only one stuck in the rut. We need to set better examples for Austin, because he already notices everything.
Here are my goals to achieve by the end of the year:
  1. Join Weight Watchers again. (done - 10/6/11)
  2. Exercise more
  3. cook more
  4. keep the house cleaner
  5. get A's in school, because there is no excuse not to.
  6. Keep Austin active
  7. do things that make me happy
  8. Learn to sew with Michonne
  9. Be a better wife and a better friend
  10. Volunteer more with Nursing school and in the community.
I'm starting with 10, because I am a list maker and could go on and on and on.... :)

I have always thought that new years resolutions were a crock of... well you know... That's why I decided to just set some goals and go for it. Wish me luck. xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful!!! I am so proud of you and am happy to be a part of it!! I will help with anything, motivation, a volunteering busy (seriously, I'm down to volunteer anytime!!!I love volunteering). Go big or go home baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Sara and Sapps. I think these are wonderful goals and that you will suceed at each one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I posted about you in my last blog - I gave you a Versatile Blogger award. :) You just have to share 7 things about yourself and then nominate a blog that you think is versatile and wonderful :)

    P.S. I hope this weekend was a memorable work day for you :) Keep me posted as to what you are goin to do for sure :)

    ReplyDelete